Since Home Hacks months here on Apartment Therapy coincides so nicely with the approach of Valentine's Day, we thought we'd pull together some ideas for those who might be interested in DIY Valentine flowers, either as gifts for loved ones or as decoration for a romantic dinner at home.
Professional flower arrangements can be costly, especially on and around Valentine's Day. But making your own flowers for your sweetie is a fun project, and there are lots of ways to approach it with a DIY spirit. Check out these helpful tips and projects from our archives to get you started.
Pictured, from left to right:
• 1 Keep your blooms lasting beyond the holiday: Make Your Own Floral Preservative
• 2 Use this clever technique to turn any vessel into a water-tight container: DIY Flower Frog
• 3 If your love is green-minded, try a creative recycled container: Light Bulb Bud Vase
• 4 Play around with different vase fillers for a clean and modern look: Vase Fillers: Way Beyond Marbles
• 5 If you're feeling super crafty and want your bouquet to last forever, try these: Origami Paper Flowers
• 6 Vintage tins and cans are plentiful on ebay, and they're cute for someone who loves old-fashioned things: Oyster Tins for Flower Arranging
• 7 If you're on a budget, create something lovely from grocery store blooms: Frugal Flowers: How to Choose Flowers at the Supermarket
• 8 These would make gorgeous vases... with a message for your love etched in the glass: DIY Cut and Etch Wine Bottles