I went a bit overboard planting herbs this year. I love cooking, but I'd need a restaurant to use all the mint and rosemary I have - even with drying it, handing it out to friends, and using it in recipes. Then I remembered a pretty herb-and-flower arrangement I saw at a friend's dinner party last summer — easy to emulate and a great way to use up more of my bounty. I also looked online for some inspiration — floral arrangements are definitely not my forte. I usually just pick one or two kinds and stick them in a vase. I was especially drawn to these five arrangements, which are simple, pretty, and unfussy.
- A lovely rosemary, kumquat, and ranunculus arrangement from Design*Sponge
- A simple, pretty sage arrangement in a glass jar from Cafe Johnsonia.
- Anise Basil and carrot leaves work unexpectedly well together. From White on Rice Couple.
- Basil leaves and carnations dress up an end table on Darling Darleen.
- Mint and tulips are colorful and modern. Keller Creative.
Images: 1. Studio Choo for Design*Sponge 2. Lindsey Johnson for Cafe Johnsonia 3. Todd Porter and Diane Cu for White on Rice Couple 4. Darleen Meier for Darling Darleen 5. Kim Keller for Keller Creative