Spring flowers are defined by bright oranges, pinks, and reds to reflect the colors of the sunshine that is suddenly filling our homes. Here is a guide to some of the most architecturally stunning flowers to be found during spring.
1. Tulips are the most iconic spring flower, and bloom in a range of warm tones.
2. Dahlias are a bit harder to find, but their architectural shape makes them one of my favorites of the season.
3. Peonies come in a wide range of pink shades, and you can make a statement with just one or two gorgeous blooms.
4. My aunt grew sweet peas, and I have fond memories of Easter tables decorated with pink and purple blooms.
5. Ranunculus is an early Spring bloom that is most commonly found in oranges, reds, and yellows.
6. Anemones have a similar aesthetic to ranunculus but have a distinctive dark center.
(Images: Shutterstock: 1. Kisialiou Yury, 2. Homydesign, 3. Photowings, 4. Aynia Brennan, 5. Dmitriev Lidiya, 6. Tatiana Belova)