There are a few strategies when buying items for a small space: buy small, buy multifunctional and buy things that fold. Having the option to fold something up means you can tuck it away when you're not using it (like a rocking horse) or create space when company is coming over (like a high chair).
Here are five folding products from our archives that are worth considering:
• Nano folding high chair by Bloom - this is particularly great for apartments lacking dining rooms and eat-in kitchens.
• Foldable Alma crib by Bloom - a crib is not something you're going to want to collapse on a daily basis, but maybe if you're having a playdate or if you're in a nanny-share situation. (Also a nice idea for a grandparent's house.)
• Tori Rocking horse - small home dwellers may think a large toy like a rocking horse is out of the question, but this one folds up smaller than a vacuum cleaner.
• Easy Fold Kids' Step Stool - we use this in our small bathroom and our not-yet-2-year-old knows how to fold it up himself.
• Beaba foldable bath - great for small bathrooms or for travel.