Danielle Reid and her husband Rob are going to prove that better living is possible through design. Their online shop stocks carefully crafted goods that are strong enough for everyday use but so handsome you'll want them on display.Shown Above:
• Dip Chair – A fun update on the old Windsor chair.
• Trash Me Table Lamp – Made from paper pulp, the non-electrical parts of the lamp can be recycled.
• Backgammon Cushion – Designed by David Shillinglaw, each cushion is individually screen printed.
• Herringbone Blanket – Hand made by artisans working on 100 year old antique shuttle looms in one of America's last remaining textile mills.
• Stoneware Jug – Made by local Tunisian craftsmen, designed by a Chilean.
Whether it's furniture, lighting or tabletop accessories, Folklore focuses in on "a selection of goods that are created with care and made to last". In this disposable age, that's a refreshing concept. And while the concept of built-to-last is a bit old fashioned, the products at Folklore most certainly are not. From the Dip Chair to the collection of funky lamps, each piece puts a refreshing spin on a classic item.