On a recent too-cold-to-go-out-even-for-us day, our house became a makeshift stadium for countless throwing and running around games — anything we could come up with to burn off energy and avoid going stir-crazy. Invite your friends and their kids over for an all-out tournament and updated classic snacks, or, don't invite kids and use the party to "test" all their yet-to-be-wrapped gifts!
- Lil' Reds Tiny Plastic Party Cups, ThinkGeek, $2.99/pack of 20
- Rainbow Confetti Garland, Castle, $125
- New Girl's True American Drinking Game, SheKnows
- Air Horn Can, Party City, $7.99 You're going to need an air horn.
- DIY Trophy Cup Flowerpots, Jaderbomb
- DIY Plastic Bottle Bowling, Meet The Dubiens
- DIY Megaphones, Oriental Trading Company, $6.25/pack of 12
- DIY Chocolate Gold Medals
- Pongo Ping Pong Game, SFMOMA, $42
- Twister Dance, Hasbro, $34.99
- Airzooka Air Gun, ThinkGeek, $9.99 (My family looked over my shoulder as I was working on this post. We now need an Airzooka, stat.)
- Stripey Straws, ACME Party Company, $6/pack of 24
- Minute to Win It, NBC, $17.97 (I know someone who has done tons of these games at kids' birthday parties- so, so fun and you do NOT need to buy the board game. The full list of games is here.)
- Indoor Croquet, Apartment Therapy