It must be one of those days, we've got toilets no the brain. But this weekend we're going away and there's just nothing our kitty likes more than fresh running water. Even if someone comes and feeds her, we can't really ask them to run the faucet for her, so when we saw this product, we thought, maybe?
This toilet water dispenser (which is only $15 by the way) is a little over the top, and we don't really have room for it, but last year a bunch of you came up with a lot of great suggestions from your own experiences with fresh water-loving pets as a part of our Drink Up Kitty Cat post:
• After doing some research, we learned that many cats prefer moving water to still and invested in a cheapo pet fountain from PetSmart. It doesn't filter and is less attractive than the one linked (imagine that) but it was also a quarter of the price. It was a great investment.
• My dog Chester has this Petmate Fresh Flow water fountain bowl and he likes it just fine: . It was inexpensive and keeps the water fresh. I take it apart and give it a good washing with soap and water once a week and it's good to go!
• Being a bit touchy about the style and function of pet products, I have resorted to using a tabletop fountain for my 2 kitties' water. I use my filtered water jug to refill. I currently have this version, which is pretty good for 2 kitties for a day: They drink from both the bowl and the top.
I have just "upgraded" to this one which will ensure plenty of water.
• I have found that the Catit Drinking fountain from Hagen works well from my two cats. One cat drinks from the bubble part and the other drinks from the bowl. Both of my cats only drinks from running water and because of the water is being run down bubble the water is always cold from the oxygen being added.
• Have anything else to add?