It's that time of year in the Northern Hemisphere, and with temperatures being oh so low here in New York, we cannot help but set our thoughts on ways to keep our homes warmer. Often life provides the inspiration for our posts and today's is no exception, it is the very cold temperatures that we are experiencing in our apartment that has prompted this roundup of heating solutions.
Unless you are like the hardy souls in the recent New York Times article, For Some a Warm House Is Not a Priority who go through the Winter without using the heat, you are probably looking for ways to more efficiently heat your space. In this roundup we have taken some of our favorite heating solutions and categorized them by the size of the space that they heat, beginning with a small studio and ending with a house. While we know that not everyone who lives in an apartment rents, for simplicity's sake we targeted our studio picks to renters and our house picks to homeowners.
- The Sharper Image Tabletop Ceramic Heater
- Plus Minus Zero Compact Heater
- I-Radium The Pause Heater
- I-Radium Modern Radiators
- 5 Mattress Heating Pads That Will Keep You Warm
- Marble Heating Stone Radiators
- Thommaso Colia HOT Radiator
- Marco Dessi Radiator
- Massimo Losa Ghini Scudi Radiator
- ECO- heater
- Envi High-Efficiency Electric Panel Whole Room Heater
- Valor Radiant Gas Fireplaces
- Sun Lizard Solar Powered Cooling and Heating
- The Scoop on Radiant Floor Heat
- Extreme DIY: Radiant Floor Heating
How are you planning on keeping warm this Winter? What is your preferred solution for heating your home?
(Image Joelle Alcaidinho)