Let's talk doors. I know, not very exciting, unless you're talking about unique and interesting sliding doors. Adding a sliding door to your space can be a functional space saver or a stylish architectural detail, or both. They really can add an interesting element to your space, and can work in many different spaces, from a modern loft to a traditional country home and everything in between.
Personally I'm a big fan of the repurposed vintage door or wood as a sliding door. What a great way to bring a new life to a vintage piece or recycle old material. It's so great to be greeted by such an interesting element when walking into a room, don't you agree?
1. A repurposed glass sliding room divider in a modern loft, seen on Netta Natalias.
2. Make your own sliding door from scratch with the help of Vintage Revival's tutorial.
3. If privacy isn't an issue for you, go for these modern glass square sliding doors, as seen in this stunning interior on Savvy.
4. Use sliding doors as a way to stylishly hide your T.V. while adding architectural interest to your living space, like this example seen on Home & Decor.
5. Add some fun and practicality to your family home with a chalkboard sliding door, as spotted on this before & after from Design Sponge.
6. How great is this repurposed vintage office door with privacy glass as a way to divide a small laundry room? Spotted on Home Jelly.
7. Add some color with this bold and modern sliding door by Modernus.
8. Repurposed wood in a chevron pattern really adds some interest to this space, as seen in this gallery sample by Etsy shop East Oak Lane, a great resource for sliding door hardware.
9. Add a fun pop of color to your kitchen with a sliding door to separate your pantry or room divider. Spotted on Better Homes & Gardens.
10. Also in the kitchen, try a sliding door instead of cupboard doors to add interest or a country feel, like this example seen on BasicHus.