What's more American than apple pie? Perhaps blue jeans, the quintessential cowboy staple that has come to represent easygoing, effortless style. There's a reason we all love jeans so much — they're flattering, comfortable and so very practical.
My first sofa had a denim slipcover (thankfully, that's long gone), and the oversize pillows on my bed still sometimes sport denim covers. Whether you have bad associations with denim in decor or are open to the trend, one thing's for sure: a little can go a long way. Here's a fresh roundup of blue-jean inspiration showcasing a range of styles and interpretations.
1. From an inspired roundup over at the lovely blog Spicer + Bank, written by an interior designer living in Singapore. Image from Italian Marie Claire.
2. Awesome denim chairs in a room by Jason Martin Design found via Desire to Inspire.
3. Denim Le Bambole Chair by B&B Italia featured in an Apartment Therapy post about denim.
4. Two denim rag rugs from Northwoods Weaving.
5. DIY denim pillows from Martha Stewart.
6. Even babies like denim: Bugaboo's Denim 107 collection.
7. An image I keep coming back to — a denim chair featured at Emmas Designblogg.
8. A sofa from the Swedish firm Gärsnäs via Trend Office.
9. A recycled denim jute rug by West Elm.
10. A cheeky Upcycled Denim Zafu Cushion by Cardboard Castle on Etsy.
Images: As linked above.