Like so many of you, the very first thing I do when I walk in my apartment is take off my shoes... but then what? My floors are cold, my feet are tired, but I'd still like to look cute. Here are my favorite options for keeping feet warm, comfortable, and cute..
- Tieks has created "The Ballet Flat, Reinvented" in crazy and classic colors. The rubber sole is sturdy enough to wear outside, but the cushioned footbed and split sole look so very comfortable.
- Go back to the source with Repetto's Demi-Pointe Ballet Slippers. Note, I'm not talking about Repetto's Ballet Flats, which can run at least $300. Instead, try the actual ballet slippers, available at your local dance shop for around $45. They're available in white or pink, but I recommend going for the bad-ballerina look with a black pair.
- Minnetonka's Kilty Moccasin (available in either softsole or a rubber-nubbed driving style) would look so fetching with jeans, a plaid flannel shirt, and your hair in a braid.
- The Minnetonkas are classic, but the Moccasin Slippers from Toast are the prettiest ones I've ever seen. So refined!
- Tretorn's Smögensson Canvas are a modern take on the boat shoe, and they look so comfortable (I have a pair of Tretorn wedges that are amazing). Can't you just imagine yourself saying, "Excuse me while I slip on my Smögenssons.."?
- I wore classic black TOMS at home everyday for a year until they finally died. They let me pad around the house silently, like a ballerina ninja.
- Land's End Gatas are similar to the TOMS, with a bit of nautical flair. Nice stripes!
- My parents gave me the Self Esteem Fleece Fabric Flats for Christmas 2010, and I love them. They look like elegant ballet flats, but the fleece interior is so cozy.