While in our own home, we currently dream of having double ovens and an in counter grill top and possibly deep fryer, we know that's not for everyone. Whether your size or culinary desires restricts your food preparation methods, countertop cooking appliances are a great alternative. Here's 9 of our favorite picks!
While there's all sorts of countertop cooking appliances, there's several that we just can't live without. Even though there's other things like Rotisserie ovens and Waffle Irons, we're pretty sure that this core group of appliances will keep us cooking without a cooktop for quite some time! Do you have a favorite?
First Row, Left To Right
• Daewoo Convection Microwave Oven: For homes that still desire the cooking power of a standard oven, convection microwaves are a great alternative... as long as you're not trying to roast a whole turkey in one, you'll be fine!
• The Breville Smart Oven: This is one appliance that not only have we road tested, but fallen head over heels in love with. Make sure to check out the full review before you commit to owning a microwave.
• LG Microwave Oven & Toaster Combo: We can't help but love the idea of having a slightly larger microwave to eliminate the need for a toaster. No more figuring out where to store it or waiting to unplug it, this machine does it all.
• UtiliTea Electric Kettle: Now before you start informing us that electric kettles aren't cooking devices, well we beg to differ. We've been cooking up noodles with them for years and couldn't be happier without the need for a big boiling pan of water that we'll end up having to clean when all is said and done. Check out the full review of it over at The Kitchn.
Second Row, Left To Right
• Cuisinart GR-4 Griddler: We never thought we'd be too into a griddle press. We figured a spatula and cast iron skillet should do the trick more often than not, but we have a secret confession to make. We love our Cuisinart press. We haven't met a food yet that wasn't delicious pressed between two pieces of bread or wrapped in a tortilla — seriously.
• Breville Die-Cast Smart Toaster: There isn't much this toaster doesn't do and we can't help but have a small appliance crush on it. You can find it retailing over at Williams Sonoma.
• Krups Egg Cooker: Even if you're perfectly capable of boiling water, people who use countertop egg cookers are firm believers in them. We're not sure we're that into eggs, but we're willing to bet a few of you are!
• George Foreman Grill: No matter how much we love our Cuisinart Griddle above, we know the George Foreman Grill is a price point-friendly alternative for many looking to cook without your oven. Are you a devotee?
• Bodum Toaster: We love this appliance strictly based on the fact that it isn't stainless steel or chrome. A nice rubber in several different colors is all it really takes to make us happy, well that and perfectly cooked toast and we're pretty sure this little baby can do both!