Unlock the hidden potential of forgotten space by turning it into a mini office. Unused spaces like the corner of a bedroom or living room, a nook, under the stairway, or a dead-end hallway, can be more than dead space to hang wall decor. Wall-mounted desks, secretary desks, or built-in secretaries can turn any area into a mini office. Extremely functional and compact, these versions of the classic secretary hide office clutter in a snap.
These five great secretary desks remind us that small things can pack a punch and turn dead space into useful space. To highlight a couple of unique qualities, number one is built directly into the wall, much like built-in shelving. Number two is the most compact of all the examples. This light, steel variety mounts directly to the wall and is modular, giving it many possibilities for clustering. Number three also includes an optional cabinet for the top, adding potential as a China cabinet or television armoire.
Here are five great examples of secretary desks from spartan to splurge!
(Shown above the jump, from left to right)
1. Example of a built-in secretary desk, $(Consult local contractors for pricing) from Martha Stewart
2. Ikea PS Laptop Workstation, $59.99 from Ikea
3. Hemnes Secretary Gray-Brown, $299.00 from Ikea
4. Butler Secretary Desk-Signature Home, $662.00 from Homelement
5. French Key Dark Oak Secretary, $3,748.00 from Layla Grayce
MORE MINI OFFICES ON APARTMENT THERAPY
• Lex & Chris's Office Overhaul: What Would You Do?
• Suggestions For Setting Up Home Office In Bedroom?
(Images: As credited above.)