draw upon some of the world's best literary classics when writing for children - in this case, babies. Brothers Jack Wang and Holman Wang's forthcoming series of board books rewrite (in a LOT fewer words) your high school English syllabus and depict the stories through needle felted figures (hence the "cozy").
And by a lot fewer
words, I actually mean twelve. Their first two offerings, published by Simply Read Books
, are Pride and Prejudice
and Moby Dick
and more are in the works. You can read about how the series came to be and how the brothers collaborate long-distance to create them at Tandem Magazine
. They won't be available until the fall, but you can pre-order
them or add them to your baby registry now.
• Cozy Classics - Pride & Prejudice (Simply Read Books, 2012)
• Cozy Classics - Moby Dick (Simply Read Books, 2012)
MORE BOARD BOOKS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Board Books for Book Loving Parents
• Board Books Off the Beaten Path
• Homemade Board Book by Erin Jang
(Images: Simply Read Books Via: 123 O'Leary)