People have been hearing that SLS and parabens are bad news, and many have been curious about switching some of their personal care products for their non-toxic equivalents. Here are four shampoos to take the work out of hunting down SLS and paraben free shampoos. Read more for the full details.
Sodium lauryl sulfate is an extremely skin-irritating ingredient found in many personal care and household cleaning products like toothpaste, shampoo, face wash, body wash, liquid hand soap, cosmetics and detergents.
Parabens are chemical compounds widely used by the personal care industry as preservatives. They are controversial because of their endocrine disrupting qualities.
SLS and Paraben Free Shampoo Line-Up:
1. Photo of all four products.
2. Kiss My Face - Whenever Shampoo with Organic Botanicals. $7.99
3. Yes to Carrots - Nourishing Shampoo. $8.99
4. Aubrey Organics - GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Shampoo. $10.48
5. Burt's Bees - Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo. $8.00
As a side note, if you want to go even greener, abandon the plastic bottle all together and try a shampoo bar.
(Images as linked)