Location: St. Louis, Missouri
The initial thing my husband and I agreed on when discussing ideas for our son's nursery was that we didn't want a straight-out-of-the-box "theme" like they sell in large baby stores. So we decided to piece the nursery together bit by bit from different sources. We wanted the room to feel fresh and modern but with vintage touches, and not too "baby-ish".
Our general inspiration was vintage boy scouting/exploring. The room itself is fairly large but oddly shaped so it was a little challenging figuring out what would go in the "nooks". Since our son's name is Fox it was also challenging not to go overboard with the fox theme (there's waaay too much cute fox stuff out there these days!).
We are proud of how the room turned out and love that has potential to grow with our son as he gets older.
Thanks, Katie and Mike!
- Rocker, Expedit shelf, crib, and floating shelves: IKEA
- Bookshelf: TargetRug, curtains, floor lamp: Urban Outfitters
- "FOX" letters: Anthropologie
- Dresser: vintage find
- Globe mobile: purchased from Fab.com but can be found here
(Images: Katharine Roberds)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE