In light of Susan Seid's new book about textile designer Vera Neumann (1907-1993), we're revisiting the silk-scarf-as-wall-art idea. Behold the pleasing possibilities.
The splashy graphics and bold color that add finish to your frock can also dress up any wall. Instead of storing these lovely pieces for occasional wear, why not frame a series in complementing colors and patterns? Ebay is lousy with vintage options, in the sunny style of Vera and beyond.
1. Vera: The Art and Life of an Icon, by Susan Seid, $23.10 at Amazon
2. Framed scarves, August 2009 World of Interiors via Fibercopia
3. Framed scarves at LA store Decades, via SanityFair
4. Framed vintage scarf, via 2ndfloorliving
5. Framed Christian Dior scarf, via Savoir Faire
Images: Via Amazon, Fibercopia, SanityFair, 2ndfloorliving, Savoir Faire