While most of the time we're on the hunt for distinctive and superior-sounding desktop speakers, from time to time we like to take a detour. Whether it's for a child or just for someone looking for something in the "weird" category, we've rounded up a few speakers that will evoke either a love or hate response...
1. Kuchi Paku Penguin Animal Speaker: We have trouble deciding if this speaker is cute or annoying, but since it's also able to lip-sync to your tunes, you'll have to judge for yourself. It's currently available on pre-order
2. Speakal iHog: After the well known iPig, Speakal decided to show us the iHog. Depending on how you like your pigs, this might work for some people. It's an iPod/iPhone dock to start out with, but it comes with the necessary cabling to make one strange-looking speaker.
3. Angry Birds Speakers: Anyone who's played a bit of Angry Birds will tell you how addictive this game is. It comes as no surprise that there are a lot of different peripherals to match the Angry Birds mania. They come in three different models, and cost between $79.99 and $99.99.
4. Printed Rockin Plushes: Have you ever wanted a speaker that you can hug? Check out these plush animals, that double as an iPod dock and speaker. These were available from PBTeen a while a go, but it looks like they are no longer sold.
5. Hasbro I-CAT: Love it or hate it, your kids will probably like it. The robotic feline is now available in black and sells for $29.99, so be weary of shops that sell it for more (some Amazon retailers sell it for $129). It will dance, mew along and purr.