Apple's latest anticipated array of iDesigns, including the sleek iPad Air, came with an unexpected surprise: the OS X Mavericks operating system is available for absolutely free! Nokia also unveiled their first Windows 8.1 Lumia tablet, Adidas GPS one ups the competition with a smarter fitness training watch, while a new robotic vacuum from Korea aims to handle household floor cleaning duties for both hard or carpeted surfaces...
Apple iPad Air
- What's New: Apple has managed to slim down the iPad down to only 7.5 mm thickness, 20% thinner than the previous full-size iPad, and trimmed its weight down to just 1lbs. Inside a 64-bit A7 processor, the same powering the iPhone 5s, powers the tablet, while a new dual antenna configuration and MIMO 802.11n support should mean better wireless connection and speeds around the house.
Nokia Lumia 2520:
- What's New: Nokia's first Windows 8.1 RT tablet is covered in a sleek and beautiful unibody polycarbonate case like other Lumia devices, with a 10.1" HD display (1920 x 1080) rated for 650 nit brightness (for improved viewing outdoors). But the real included standout feature is built-in LTE and Wi-Fi support for use anywhere you can pull down a signal.
OS X Mavericks
- What's New: the big surprise announcement from Apple is the latest operating system for OS X users is absolutely free for all. 200 new features, including an updated Calendar app, improved Google contacts support, smarter memory allocation, Finder Tabs, and Multiple Displays support.
Adidas MiCoach Smart Run Watch
- What's New: a built-in GPS chip for mapping running routes, energy efficient Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, heart rate monitoring, and a 1.45" color touch screen display all work in conjunction with a new training app to keep fitness types in optimal training zones without the need to carry around a smartphone.
Moneual RYDIS H67 Robot Vacuum
- What's New: designed to clean both hard and carpeted surfaces, the H67 is equipped with a sensor to navigate the robot vacuum only onto hard surfaces when using the mop pad attachment, and is capable of mopping up to 5 hours on one charge.
(Images: as linked above)