Apple's latest anticipated array of iDesigns, including the sleek iPad Air, came with an unexpected surprise: the OS X Mavericks operating system is available for absolutely free! Nokia also unveiled their first Windows 8.1 Lumia tablet, Adidas GPS one ups the competition with a smarter fitness training watch, while a new robotic vacuum from Korea aims to handle household floor cleaning duties for both hard or carpeted surfaces...
- What's New: Apple has managed to slim down the iPad down to only 7.5 mm thickness, 20% thinner than the previous full-size iPad, and trimmed its weight down to just 1lbs. Inside a 64-bit A7 processor, the same powering the iPhone 5s, powers the tablet, while a new dual antenna configuration and MIMO 802.11n support should mean better wireless connection and speeds around the house.
- What's New: Nokia's first Windows 8.1 RT tablet is covered in a sleek and beautiful unibody polycarbonate case like other Lumia devices, with a 10.1" HD display (1920 x 1080) rated for 650 nit brightness (for improved viewing outdoors). But the real included standout feature is built-in LTE and Wi-Fi support for use anywhere you can pull down a signal.
- What's New: the big surprise announcement from Apple is the latest operating system for OS X users is absolutely free for all. 200 new features, including an updated Calendar app, improved Google contacts support, smarter memory allocation, Finder Tabs, and Multiple Displays support.
- What's New: a built-in GPS chip for mapping running routes, energy efficient Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, heart rate monitoring, and a 1.45" color touch screen display all work in conjunction with a new training app to keep fitness types in optimal training zones without the need to carry around a smartphone.
- What's New: designed to clean both hard and carpeted surfaces, the H67 is equipped with a sensor to navigate the robot vacuum only onto hard surfaces when using the mop pad attachment, and is capable of mopping up to 5 hours on one charge.
(Images: as linked above)