After reading Grace's post on AT:LA about Japanese furniture store Idée, we checked out the catalog and noticed a lot of freestanding entryway racks. These types of racks are common in China and Japan, but we don't see them as much here in the US. They're a great solution for renters who can't drill hooks into their walls, and they offer a little more storage space than your traditional coat tree. For similar entryway ideas, click below...
• 1 The Hanger Stand from Idée Japan is modern and minimal.
• 2 Noor Shikari's loft uses a clothes rack for coats at the door.
• 3 Wooden Chinese clothes racks can be found at Asian antique stores.
• 4 This Old Branch Clothes Rack from Emery & Cie is made from wrought iron.
• 5 A case piece from Schönbuch incorporates a mirror and clothes rack.
• Bedroom Storage Solution: Best Inexpensive Clothes Racks
• The Anti-Closet
• Closet Alternative: The Hallway Rack