When it comes to the bathroom, we like to keep things simple but luxurious. Even though we love pattern and color, in a space that's meant for relaxing we want a big soaking tub, a verdant living wall, penny tile and the softest white towels money can buy.We like to think of this room as a modern take on a French Provincial bathroom. We like mixing traditional shapes like a clawfoot tub and classic penny tile with modern ideas like filling an entire wall with plants and a great simple wallpaper.
1. The Dream!
2. The Light. Modernica's cross cross lamp is a nod to great simple mid century design, plus it gives off great ambient light. This would be on a dimmer so we could turn things down while soaking.
3. Glass bottles from Jamie Oliver are the perfect apothecary touch for q tips, cotton balls and makeup brushes.
4. In our dream, we would buy the best towels money can buy, but in the meantime, Overstock has some pretty incredible White Turkish Bath Towels that are a total steal.
5. Available through the Home Depot, we love this American Standard Retrospect Toilet.
6. The Marais Stool is classic french countryside, but painted a bright shiny yellow, it helps add some color to this room and a nice place to set a stack of towels next to the bath. Available through dwr.
7. Is there anything better than a gorgeous clawfoot tub? We found this one through the bath spot here in southern California but most cities have vintage tubs available either totally refurbished or available for you to diy it back to its original splendor.
8. For our money, Penny Tile is the way to go. It's tiny and round and shiny shiny white. It's also normally kind of a pain to clean, so that's why it's still just in the dream bathroom (where we have a mad that comes every other day to clean the grout with a toothbrush).
9. We're loving Living Walls and are planning to install one this summer, hopefully in our bathroom. this one is from the store Pigment in San Diego. Check out this post on Where to BUy or DIY Vertical Gardens.
10. For bathroom hardware, we're thinking classic french farmhouse inspired rustic drawer pulls like these simple ones from our roundup earlier in the week.
11. We couldn't resist the idea of hanging some wallpaper in our dream bathroom (in our dream house that we would OWN) and Erica Wakerly's Spriral would be it: simple, black and white and graphic.
12. And no interior would be complete without a little bit of that Swedish Modernist himself, Josef Frank