You hardly ever hear the phrase "a pop of navy." The color usually makes a smoother entrance, gliding in like James Bond and Audrey Hepburn on a second date. Combined with rich caramel tones in the form of leather and wood, it is elegant and classic, with maybe a slight touch of 70s swank.Here's what happens with these two colors join forces:
1. The straight lines in this dining room, designed by Luis Bustamante, are offset by the luxurious curves of the leather chairs.
2. Warm leather chairs from Todd Romano's study pair nicely with the cool blue walls.
3. Bold navy stripes are both playful and classic, as in this San Francisco boy's room designed by Melissa Warner.
4. Even without dark walls, the navy patterns and leather headboard in James Andrew's apartment read sophistication.
5. Kay Eck designed her own deep blue library with dining nook.
(Images: as linked above)