I've always been taken by dark, vibrant walls in small spaces with pops of light, bright color such as white or yellow, or raspberry. It gives the room an elegance despite small size, plus the lightness adds dimension and texture. I've never actually had the guts to go for it, but for a medium gray in the bedroom, but these navy and white childrens' nurseries might just convince me. What do you think?
1. A lovely and modern take on a nursery with dark, navy walls, bright white accents and bold, orange and lime green trimmings. (Love that pillow!) From Lucas' Go Bold Nursery in the 2010 Small Kids, Big Color Contest.
2. Another favorite. Clean and classic, this navy and white "nautical nursery" is accented nicely with touches of yellow and aqua as well. From On To Baby, photo by Laura Marchbanks Photography.
3. I might actually like to move into this one. Elegant, and oh-so grown up, this navy and white nursery will give little Saf plenty to grow into. From Saf's Pint Sized Personal History Nursery Tour, photo by Leah Moss.
4. This one is sweetly trimmed with cream and raspberry. The owner, Dana, coined this palette "Sweet Navy" and I'm in agreement. From the 2012 Room for Color contest.
5. A successful before and after, this nursery combines modern geometric shapes with the classical hues of navy and white. I love the gray as well! From Christie's Before and After Nursery on Design*Sponge, photo by Christie Chase.
(Images as linked above)