It's interesting to me how different color combos evoke different feelings. Pink and green: girly, preppy. The pairing is actually quite a natural one; red and green live opposite to each other on the color wheel, making them complementary colors
, and pink is really just a light red. From blush to dusty rose, emerald to celadon, see what pink and green can do for you.
1. Pink and green at their preppy best. Design by Dennis Rolland for the 2006 Hampton Designer Showhouse, photographed by Brian Park for House & Garden.
2. From A Beautiful Mess.
3. Pale pink and pale green are lovely together in this room from last year's Room for Color contest.
4. Where do I begin with this room? I love the contrast between the ornate moldings and the modern furniture. The art piece brings an edginess to this traditionally girly combo. From a Paris apartment by Laplace & Co.
5. Home of Sarah Lederman, as seen in The Glitter Guide.
6. In the Austin home of Bailey McCarthy, as seen on Design*Sponge.
7. Green and pale pale pale pale pink, as seen on Love and Renovations.
8. Teal and pale pink is good. From Nordic Design.
9. A preppy color scheme with Southwest flair, from Emily Henderson.
10. Neon pink and green, you say? I'm intrigued. As seen in a South Carolina beach house by Herlong & Associates.
(Images: as linked above)