It's important to have a clean kitchen, but it's also important to not destroy the environment while doing so. If you have children or pets it's even more important to ensure you aren't using harsh chemicals while cleaning. These days it's fairly easy and even convenient to pick up an all natural or non-toxic cleaner that actually does a good job.
Through research and trial and error, we've found the best kitchen cleaning supplies on the market. A plus — they are all natural and/or non-toxic. We know our families taught us to use bleach for everything, but that's not necessarily the case anymore. Here are our favorite kitchen cleaners:
• Method Pro Chef Multi Surface Cleaner, $8.99: Cleans and degreases without the use of harsh chemicals. Also available for the kitchen: Pro Chef Granite Cleaner and Pro Chef Stainless Steel Cleaner.
• Replenish, $7.99: Tip the bottle upside down and squeeze to release small amount of concentrated cleaner into bottle. Fill bottle with water, shake and start cleaning! Buy refills for only $3.99 with free shipping. Made from ingredients that are non toxic to aquatic life and are readily biodegradable. Plus, it's PH neutral so it won't be harsh on our skin.
• Zum Clean Housewarming Pack, $24.99: Includes: Achieve a natural clean with Zum Clean Sweet Orange Granite & Countertop Cleaner, Sink & Surface Scrub and three assorted Laundry samples. Made from natural ingredients. See Sarah Rae's tour of the Indigo Wild & Zum Factory on Re-Nest!
• Seventh Generation All Purpose Cleaner - Free & Clear, $4.99: Nontoxic and biodegradable, hypo-allergenic, won't create harsh fumes, never tested on animals, kosher certified. Plus, it's found in most large retailers. Use on just about any surface except for hard wood. If you're looking for a disinfectant, try the Disinfecting Wipes.
• Scubbing Bubbles Natures Source All Purpose Cleaner: Uses plant-based cleaners and purified water to clean up the toughest spills. Safe on all kitchen surfaces.
What are you favorite kitchen cleaning supplies?
Image credit as linked above