Christian Dell was the designer and master behind the original scissor lamp, which was part of the KAISER idell lamp series. The lamp was manufactured in high-quality steel and featured an asymmetrical, hand-painted lamp shade. The Kaiser idell lamp design was introduced in the 1930s and was an example of the precision engineering and craftsmanship of the Bauhaus era.
- 1 Bruno Scissor Arm Pharmacy Sconce by Robert Abby — Bronze finish with Ebonized Nickel Accents, $169.40, Lumens
- 2 Industrial Extending Scissor Sconce — Antique Nickel or Bronze finish, $219, Restoration Hardware
- 3 Far & Wide Sconce — Silver-toned finish, $348, Anthropologie
- 4 1950s Factory Scissor Sconce — Bronze finish, $199, Restoration Hardware
- 5 Accordion Sconce — Antique brass finish, $129, West Elm
Images: 1-5, As linked above; 6, rewire