Original KAISER idell scissor lamp of the 1930sWhile I personally have been seeking a vintage Kaiser idell lamp — which usually comes with a hefty price tag — it's nice to see a growing number of affordable alternatives and fresh takes on this classic piece. Its wall-mounted design and expandable arm make it the perfect light for a reading nook or by the bedside. And if you're like me, and you prefer not to have to deal with professional installation, you'll be pleased to know the majority of these lamps do not need hardwiring. So if you're seeking a lamp with similar features and don't intend to shell out the cash for the original, consider taking home one of these.
- 1 Bruno Scissor Arm Pharmacy Sconce by Robert Abby — Bronze finish with Ebonized Nickel Accents, $169.40, Lumens
- 2 Industrial Extending Scissor Sconce — Antique Nickel or Bronze finish, $219, Restoration Hardware
- 3 Far & Wide Sconce — Silver-toned finish, $348, Anthropologie
- 4 1950s Factory Scissor Sconce — Bronze finish, $199, Restoration Hardware
- 5 Accordion Sconce — Antique brass finish, $129, West Elm