• 1 Even though I appreciate daffodils on their own, I like to mix them into small seasonal bouquets, too.
• 2 This one includes another wonderful spring treat: pussywillow! The soft gray buds and reddish stalk complement the purple mums in this arrangement.
• 3 Daffodils bring a sculptural, almost modern quality to softer flowers; their pronounced yellow trumpet shape is refreshing when mixed with ranunculus and tiny mums.
• 4 I also think that daffodils look very nice with a backdrop or spray of something green. Just like they're usually seen against a yard full of budding green things, it's nice to complement them with dark green in arrangements.
• 5 And finally, daffodils look wonderful just on their own, too. Grab a big bunch from the store, trim the ends, and put them in a jar. Enjoy.
(Images: Faith Durand)