Size: 625 sq. ft
Contact: Larry at 407PAS @ gmail.com
Pitch:This is an amazingly bright and sun-filled corner 1 bedroom apartment located on a high floor in a 24-hour doorman building. Not a cookie cutter layout, this apartment has South and East Exposures, a private balcony, and — a rarity in post-war construction — windows in every room. The incredible natural light and the possibility of living without air conditioning, thanks to cross-ventilation, make this an energy efficient home...
Inspired by Minimalism and the aesthetic of John Pawson, the owner has painstakingly worked to improve the standard "white box" feel of post-war apartments. The popcorn ceilings were removed and then laboriously skim-coated. The baseboards were replaced with recessed aluminum moldings to give the feeling that the walls float above the floors. Light color stained cork flooring was installed in place of the existing low quality parquet floor tiles. Clerestory windows at the top of the wall separating living room and bedroom add visual interest and increased ventilation.
- Unbeatable location: on top of the 28th St. stop of the #6 subway line. 15 min. walk to Union Square, Grand Central and Penn Station.
- Close to many great restaurants (Les Halles, Dos Caminos, Blue Smoke, Mishima, the "Curry Hill" restaurants on Lexington Ave) and shopping: ethnic grocers Kalustyans and Todaro's, and the Union Square Greenmarket are walking distance.
- Spacious eat-in kitchen upgraded with high quality stainless steel appliances: Liebherr 30" CS1601 counter-depth refrigerator, Jenn-Air Pro-Style range, and brand new LG dishwasher. Ample cabinet and storage space. Breakfast counter with stainless steel stools.
- Three large floor-to-ceiling closets, including a double (9 feet long) closet in the bedroom.
- Large double-pane windows and balcony door replaced in 2006.
- Eco-friendly cork flooring in living room and bedroom, stained to offer the look of stone but warm on your feet and easy on your legs.
- George Nelson Bubble Pear sconce in living room.
- The South facing balcony is ideal for the urban gardener. It is a great place to enjoy a meal al fresco or sunbathe.
- Laundry and storage in basement. Bike storage available.
- 625 sq. ft. (as per co-op offering plan)
- 75% financing allowed.
- Maintenance $1,655. Approximately 65% tax deductible.
- No brokers.