A little over a year after the iPad first made waves, this whole tablet thing seems to be gaining traction. A growing niche of user are turning to ultra portable devices and affixing them firmly onto walls or with mounts, adding to the utility tablets offer. We take a look at various mounting options for your iPad (or other tablet) to make your device work best for you during hands-off moments...
While we would love to have something as amazing as the FRAMED* digital art display in our homes, even a DIY version would take quite a bit of work to put together. The advanced capabilities of tablets over simple digital picture frames allows us to do more than just simple photo slideshows.
Shared calendars such as Google Calendar are fantastic tools to get everyone's schedule in sync, but if you don't see it all the time then you aren't aware of what's going on. Sharing your family's calendar on the wall for everyone to see is the modern day equivalent of the desktop calendar pinned to the refrigerator. With everyone's calendar up front and center, there's no excuse to forgetting to pick up your daughter from soccer practice.
- iPad in a Kitchen
- DIY Kitchen Pegboard iPad Holder
- Kitchen PC Touchscreen Does Its Best iPad Impersonation
- Hot or Not? The Apple iPad - In the Kitchen!
Home Automation / Home Theater / Sound System
- Home Control with an iPad
- In-Wall Mount, Connect iPod or iPad to Your Sound System
- Savant's Home Automation iPad App
- Control4 iPad Home Automation System
- Gira Home Automation Apps for iPhone and iPad
- Alan's Custom iPad Home Automation System
- Wallee Turns Your iPad into a Wall Mounted Display
- Get Your Tablet Anywhere With This DIY Handy Mount
- Wall Mounting Your iPad and iPod Touch
- Pad Bracket Wall Mount for the iPad
Car Mounting Too
(Images: as linked above)