(Welcome to Allison from Minneapolis, a blogger trying out for a spot on the Re-Nest editorial team. Enjoy!)
Minnesota is an unexpected treasure trove for locally designed and produced furniture. Ranging from the ever hip BluDot to custom furniture from artisans like Studio Tupla, Minnesota offers furniture loving locavores some great options.
Shown above the jump, from left to right:
1. Loll Cabrio Lounge Chair ($395): Made of 100% recycled plastic the Cabrio Lounge chair is cool and unexpected option for outdoor furniture. You know it must be durable because it's made in Duluth, the land of freezing cold weather. Available in 8 fantastic colors.
2. BluDot Buttercup Rocker ($849): A wonderful redesign of the rocker. The minimal design takes up so little space in the room while it screams with style. Available three wood finishes.
3. Studio Tupla Kwila Sideboard: Created by a husband and wife team of wood workers, the Kwila Sideboard is a lovely piece of handmade furniture. Each piece by these artisans are custom made, so if you want something similar it'll run you $12,000 - $15,000.
4. Baltix 36" Recycled U.S. Currency Table ($661): From one of the nation's most environmentally-conscious furniture manufacturers you can get a table made from recycled U.S. currency. If that doesn't get the conversation started, I don't know what will.
5. Harmony Cedar Florenceville Cedar Chest ($395): Made by incredibly talented Amish from Minnesota this lovely chest is sure to be one of the best made pieces of furniture in your house. Created with sustainably harvested wood and building techniques that have been used for centuries.