From sea to shining sea and every limpid pool in between - blue represents peace and calm to me. Deep indigo, nautical navy, electrifying cobalt, cool cerulean, tantalizing turquoise and the most subtle of sky - each imbued with a wonderful wistfulness, the promise of refreshment, of longing and delight. These colors conjure up summer hours, cloudless skies, toes in the ocean, and perching by the pool. They're a cool counterpoint to oppressive heat, and a watery relief on the driest of days. Is there any other shade that soothes the soul in quite the same way?
With all of its allure, It's no wonder that blue is the world's most beloved hue.
1. Louisa Settee, Anthropolgie $2498
2. Peacock Chair, Hive Modern $7174
3. Wegner Wishbone Chair in Caspian Blue, Room&Board $855
4. Parsons Twin Bed in Navy, Room&Board $799
5. PS SVINGA, Ikea $89
1. Timber Cove Ottoman, World Market $63.99
2. Fildefer Lounge Sky Blue by Alessandra Baldereschi, SKITSCH $590
3. Modernica Arm Shell Dowel Base, DESIGN PUBLIC $399
4. Mother of Pearl Chest - Blue, ABC Carpet & Home $2495
5. Jens Risom Mid-Century Sofa, 1st Dibs $1400
1. Cobble Hill Prince Tufted Sofa- Vance/Indigo, ABC Carpet & Home $1599
2. Ernest Pool Bar Cart, CB2 $149
3. Windsor Love Seat, Anthropologie $1498
4. Pedestal Marine Side Table, Crate & Barrel $29.95
5. Phoenix Swoon Chair, CB2 $129
1. Carlson II Blue Tower, CB2 $199
2. Navy Regent Arm Chair, Jonathan Adler $1295
3. NISSE Folding Chair - Blue, Ikea $12.99
4. Pair of Maiden Arm Chairs, 1st Dibs. Contact dealer for price.
5. Capellini Ribbon Stool, Low - Blue, ABC Carpet & Home $552
(Images: as linked above)