Clark End Table from Overstock, $101.99
During our Furniture Focus month, we've taken a couple of looks at traditional furniture in Apartment Therapy house tours — today we share examples of the style from the world of retail. A traditional piece can add a sense of history and authenticity to a home, as well as introducing new textures and patinas for an eclectic interior.
While a lot of traditional furniture tends to cost more from retailers — maybe because it demands more curvy lines or ornamentation than its modern counterparts, maybe for other reasons? — one piece can go a long way towards establishing a mood or introducing a new note. You can also always keep your eye out for antiques at estate sales or on Ebay, and I've included an Etsy example here, as well.
1. Sunburst Armoire from Wisteria, $1999
2. Calvert Sofa from Pottery Barn, $1599-1899
3. Chippendale Chair from Jayson Home and Garden, $495
4. Clark End Table from Overstock, $101.99
5. Carter Chair in leather, from Mitchell Gold Bob Williams
6. Rosette Sleigh Bed from Restoration Hardware, $1615-$2065
7. Sophia Chest from Grandin Road, $499
8. Louis XV Three-Seater Sofa from Wisteria, $1599
9. Entablature Bookcase from Restoration Hardware, $2295
10. Vintage Dresser with Mirror from PoppyCottage on Etsy, $695
11. Italian Campaign Bed from Anthropologie, $1250
12. "Natural" Dining Table from Horchow, $1758.90
13. Farmhouse Side Chair from Williams Sonoma, $245
Do you like traditional furniture in your home, or do you prefer a more modern aesthetic?
Images: As linked above.