Furniture on wheels work great in all spaces, big and small. They're incredibly handy, allowing you to clear the floor in seconds. They also impart a warm industrial feel, making them useful if you want to balance out organic or fine silhouettes in your space. Available in a variety of styles, the pieces featured here are industrial, contemporary and vintage.
Why you want them:
• Easy to vacuum, sweep or mop the floor underneath.
• Versatile floor plans for different social situations, like moving the coffee table to do an exercise routine or to open up a play area for children.
• Prevents injury while moving large heavy pieces like a filled laundry hamper or book cart.
Shown above from left to right:
1. Go-Cart Camo Two-Shelf Table-Media Cart, $159.00 from CB2
2. Wagon garden inspiration from Better Homes and Gardens
3. Laundry Cart, $129.00 - $229.00 from Restoration Hardware
4. DIY: Scater Book Cubby from Project Little Smith
5. Paperwork on Wheels from the June issue of Real Simple magazine
MORE WHEELS ON APARTMENT THERAPY
• How To Clean Task Chair Caster Wheels for Smooth Rolling
• Modern Furniture Casters
(Images: As credited above.)