Q: We’re upgrading our three-year old son’s bedroom from “Baby” room to “Big Guy” room. Our first purchase is this (awesome!) set of seventies dressers. But I’m having trouble deciding what other styles of furniture might work with these pieces. I’m going for an eclectic look but I want the results to be whimsical and fun vs. tragic mash-up. I plan to start by painting the room white (although I love color) — and I’ll remove the car stickers from the wall. I’d like suggestions on:
- Bed and bedding. This is the big dilemma. We’re considering buying a new bunk bed to recover some play space (perhaps the Perch bunk bed), although Small is currently sleeping on a double bed without a headboard. Is it worth a new bed? What can we do about a headboard or frame if we keep the double?
- Lighting, especially overhead lighting to replace our too-frilly fixture.
- Rug (maybe a kilim or boucherouite)
- Storage for toys and books
- Nightstand or table
- Bonus points for a great mirror
The room is small-ish so furniture needs to remain small-scale… also durable, not too expensive, and fun!
Sent by Beau Baby
Editor: Leave your suggestions for Beau Baby in the comments - thanks!
• Have a question for our community? Send us yours with a photo or two attached (questions with photos get answered first).
(Image credits: Beau Baby)