On February 13th, grab your best girlfriends host a Galentine's Day party that celebrates all the women in your life. There are really only five things you need to pull it off!
1. Friends: Let's just start here because duh. Invite the people that know you best. Because this is the time to reminisce about old times, remind each other how far we've all come as humans, and provide the backup that everyone needs in their lives. It also helps if these are the same friends that make you almost pee your pants from laughing too hard.
2. Food: It doesn't matter where you end up. Either make a dinner reservation somewhere nice, head to a diner, or even cook for everyone at home. But maximize your noms with feel-good food (pancakes! waffles! grilled cheese!) that is nothing but happiness on a plate.
3. Compliments & Toasts: Tell your friends how much you appreciate that they're on your squad, and remind them of all the ways they are uniquely them. If you don't want to say it out loud, it's perfectly acceptable to write a note for them to read later on, but put it out there. If you need help, there's always the Leslie Knope compliment generator over on Buzzfeed.
4. Homemade Gifts: Yes, you can go to a store and buy your friends something fun or fabulous, but it's the best feeling in the world knowing that someone made something with you in mind. DIY presents take time, energy and planning and that is an awesome way to say I love you. (It's also a way to avoid the commercialization that comes with most holidays these days.)
Galentine's Day Party Playlist
5. Music & Movies: Some of the best conversations happen against the backdrop of a kick-ass playlist, or while a movie that you've seen ten times already is playing the background. If nothing else, you might break out into song and dance. Need some suggestions? Try the pro-friends playlist above!