If you're thrilled with the color you chose for your walls, why not compliment it or match it on the ceiling? In addition to being just a bit unexpected, it also visually expands the room.
A pale wash of color looks bright and welcoming in a sunny space, while a deep hue can enliven a smaller space. It's an easy, colorful change from basic ceiling white.
- Gorgeously rich blue walls and a lighter blue ceiling create a cozy reading spot in Marie Claire Maison.
- Designer Jay Jeffers cleverly takes both color and pattern up to the ceiling in a room from the San Francisco Decorator Showcase.
- Butter yellow brightly update a traditional room. Via Everything Matters".
- Navy makes a dramatic statement in a tiny kitchen. Domino via Cream City and Sugar.
- Designer Stephen Shubel creates a calming, pretty living room with pale pink walls. Via House Beautiful
Images: 1. Marie Claire Maison 2. Jeffers Design Group 3. Everything Matters 4. Domino via Cream City and Sugar 5. Jeremy Samuelson for House Beautiful