Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love how I can clean the whole apartment in a few hours. Everything has a place, and everything is in reach. It feels really manageable for a young person living in the city. I get to see and use everything that I love every day; nothing is shut away in an unused space.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- My biggest challenge has been privacy. In a small apartment - everything is on display. One of my favorite solutions is the murphy bed. Not only does it free up the space, but it also means tucking away an unmade bed every morning, and not having people hang out on my bed (which always skeeved me out). Additionally, I tried to incorporate a lot of closed storage. I can create the illusion of being organized... just don't open anything!
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- My lease is up later this year, and I have a strong hunch that the rent is about to go up, up, up. I'll either use the money to be able to afford to stay - or apply it towards moving. I do love my place, but I wouldn't mind a more functional kitchen. I'm trying to cook a lot more, and this apartment has been more conducive to takeout.
See all entries