I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year. The increase in daylight hours is fantastic, but the melting city snow—and what it reveals—is less than delightful. Re-Nest is not about fashion or clothes (as you know), but in this case we have to mention Wellington boots. They really are household essentials, combating all the slush, muck and dirt from soggy sidewalks and gardens alike.
For now I've got my black with red-sole-standard, but there are lots of fresh options out there to help ease the transition from "lousy Smarch weather" to gardening season...
1. Solid Dual Buckle boots in brilliant Peridot green by Chooka. Made from 100% natural rubber and available in lots of wild colors, this is some fun, functional footwear.
2. Waterproof and recyclable, these graphic-print boots are puddle-ready. Made by Kamik, Northern Canadian footwear experts that have been in business for over 100 years!
3. Swedish company, Tretorn are masters of rubber. Their "Sofiero" boot, pictured here in matte gray with a cute contrasting lace, are PVC free and great for trudging!
4. Another offering from Tretorn, these mid-calf boots, (also made from natural rubber), come in 7 color variations and feature a handy pull tab.
5. Speaking of handy, how about the pull-on action from Bogs Footware? Aside from the integrated handles, these hi-tech waterproof boots also boast a comfort rating of -40°F, making the Winter-Spring switch a breeze!
(Images: As linked)