As most of you know, the American Association of Pediatrics now recommends that bumpers no longer be used with crib sets as a matter of safety. Manufacturers are taking note, and many now offer separate bedding choices. We think the time is nigh for creative, mix and match bedding in the nursery. Here are a few of our top picks for 2012:
1. Ruby Cho enjoys a variety of patterns from Auggie and others, via Oh Joy!
2. Ferm Living Mountain Friends toddler bedding
3. Aden and Anais organic crib sheets are a lovely option.
4. Dwell Studio Woodland Tumble. Dwell offers a nice selection of solid neutral crib skirts.
5. Argington has gorgeous organic set for babies with their heads in the clouds.
6. Skip Hop has launched a complete sheet series in an attempt to address the decorative problem sans bumper.
7. Serena and Lily also has a white-on-white line specifically aimed at those who want a versatile, gender-neutral choice.
8. Check out this striped crib skirt from the Land of Nod. We can see this working with so many modern Apartment Therapy-style nurseries.
9. Pottery Barn Kids' Eric Carle line is a refreshing alternative to their usual preppy fare. This colorful sheet would be so entertaining for your baby.
(Images: as credited above)