When it comes to lust-worthy audio gear that pleases our eyes just as much as our ears, Geneva Sound System products are amongst our favourites. We consider them picking up where B&O stopped somewhere in the mid 80's, merging a knowing aesthetic eye for detail with a discriminating ear for warm sound. As our contact at Geneva joked, what other electronics line would find themselves showcased as a favourite of Fred and Barney...Fred Segal and Barney's New York, of course. We're still impatiently waiting for the release of the minimalist's home theater solution come true we spied at ICFF, but in the meantime we've been told their authentic wood encased GenevaSound Medium All-In-One Hi-fi system is now available at Barneys New York, Conran, Design Within Reach, Fred Segal (on Melrose, L.A.) and has been updated with iPhone 3G certification, a new radio, a new iPhone-iPod dock and available in one of three piano-lacquered finishes that could please even the pickiest decor snob. A few more closeups and specs of the system below...
- Crafted in wood = natural, warm, distortion-free sound
- Only all-in-one hifi with iPhone 3G certification
- 4 speakers, ported bass, 100 Watt all digital Class D amplifier with embedded functions of slot-loading CD player, digital radio tuner, iPhone3G+iPod, line-in aux
- Piano-lacquered wood in red, white, or black finish (7.6 x 10 x 14 inches HDW)
- $799, available directly from Geneva Sound System or at the retailers noted above.
Stay tuned...we'll have a hands-on review of the GenevaSound Medium All-In-One Hi-fi in the coming days and we'll report if these beauties perform as well in a real-life environment as they did when we tested them in stores.