Lately, it seems as if designers are incorporating even more geometric patterns into architecture, furniture and textile design. Geometric-style fabrics and furniture can add a punch to just about any room, especially when used in one bold statement or accent piece. While some geometric pieces have the tendency to take design sensibilities quickly back to the 1980's, more modern patterns can enliven and freshen a space. Even something as subtle as a tea towel can be all you need. Here are a few fun ideas to get you started.
1. Gorgeous wall in Erin & Ryan's Condo on Episode 2, Season 2 of Two Pure Design HGTV, via Samantha Pynn. Image by Virginia Macdonald.
2. A fun and quirky geometric mirror from Urban Outfitters, via Elle Decor, $48.
3. Local Seattle artist, Soraam creates bold and intricate textiles for the home, including this pretty Optical Circles Linen Pillow Cover, $42.
4. This wallpaper definitely makes an aggressively beautiful statement, if you're up for it! Monroe Wallpaper from Ferm Living, $126.50.
5. Another independent illustrator and screen-printer, Erin Dollar creates one of a kind geometrically adorned prints and textiles, like this Geometric tea towel, $14.
Images by Virginia Macdonald, Urban Outfitters, Soraam, Ferm Living, and Erin Dollar.