- Caledonia Canada
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love the colors and the wallpaper and the tiny coziness. I love that the wallpaper wraps around the room and envelopes my husband and myself like a cocoon. I love that it is so tiny that it can only be used to sleep, read in bed and get dressed in. I love that when I wake up in the middle of the night and open my eyes the moon is right outside my window and the trees are all around us. It is a lovely room and just right for two people.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- First...keep the bed made. Keep the televisions out of the room. Choose colours that are neutral enough that you can change at whim the colors of other things such as sheets, blankets, pillows and purses and keep things fresh and new. Refreshing and reinventing with different arrangements, objects and colour is essential to enjoying any room. I even change the way I make the bed depending on the season. In summer, my bedmaking becomes much more relaxed and I don't tend to tuck in the sheets but just let them hang and blow in the breeze for example.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- For me it is just a quiet space where I can read and fall asleep and get away from all the kids.
My Bedroom Retreat