Lauren Geremia is the creative force behind Geremia Design, specializing in some of San Francisco's most eclectic bars and eateries. With a background in fine art, Geremia treats each space as if she's curating a show (and curate shows she does, as one of the founding owners of the new Collect Gallery in Oakland). Now translating her commercial work into residential designs, we see a lot of intriguing possibilities for home:• 1 Bloodhound: Painted birds recall popular wall decals and murals; placing them on the ceiling surrounding a hanging light fixture creates serious drama.
• 2 330 Ritch: Oval frames with antique photos combined with aluminum or steel furniture; two-tone chairs and stools (legs are a lighter color)
• 3 Aventine: Rustic warmth and soft leather alongside stone walls and modern, hard edges
• 4 Coffee Bar: Large scale artwork is often all an open, modern room needs
• 5 Umami: Striking multi-part light fixture against a patterned backdrop (wallpaper) keeps surfaces, textures, and light flowing in a room.
You can find Geremia Design's entire residential service list here.
Visit Collect Gallery here.
Related artists featured by Collect:
• Artful Escapes: Maria Bianco Photography
• The Gallery: Matt Shallenberger
Images: Lauren Geremia