I feel lucky that my kids still have a few weeks of summer left, since they don't return to school until after Labor Day. But I know lots of kids have already hit the books and headed back to the classroom. To make the transition back to school more crafty, how about making your own backpack? I know, it's excessive, but dang, some of these backpacks are super cute.
When my kids were smaller, I always had a hard time finding backpacks that were their size and that they wanted to carry. That problem is solved with a customized backpack; you can make them to fit your child perfectly and include whatever accessories they might need inside. Choose your fabric—maybe even something waterproof and wipeable like oil cloth?—and you'll have the coolest bookbag around.
1. Mini Backpack with Handles, by Petit a Petit & Family at Me Sew Crazy.
2. Monogram Backpack, at That's My Letter.
3. Bustle Backpack, at Me Sew Crazy.
4. Back to School Backpack, at Hart & Sew.
5. Toddler Backpack, at Crazy Little Projects.
6. City Backpack, at Heart of Mary.
7. DIY Kid's Backpack, at Infarrantly Creative.
(Image credits: Celina Bailey; Jaime Costiglio; Jess Abbott; Stacy Hart; Amber Price; Corinne @ Heart of Mary; Beckie Farrant)