Just like a romantic relationship, falling in love with your home is easy if you remember to appreciate the little things — the small pleasures that don't cost a lot of money or take much time, but give you a little lift when you notice them. Here are a few things that are making me happy in my space these days.
• The ice cold water that runs straight from my faucet — when I come home sweaty and exhausted, there's no better cure than quickly running my wrists under the tap to cool my whole body.
• The final squeak of my rag against the bathtub after I've scrubbed it clean.
• The rectangle of sunlight that slowly creeps across the floor every afternoon — it's my own private sundial.
• The smooth roll and satisfying click into place of my new closet shoe racks — suddenly, getting dressed is fun again.
• Finally, nothing beats sliding into an envelope of clean, crisp sheets for the first time after laundry day. Heaven.
Tell me, what are you loving in your home right now?
(Image: Jacqueline Marque / Gail & Chil's "Dead Grandmother" Style House Tour )