Watching the sunset standing in a particularly picturesque spot while on vacation is a magical thing. But in our opinion, a sunset anywhere is nearly always worth seeking out and stopping for! And you don't have to buy a plane ticket to find a great spot to watch the sun go down.
Ask your Facebook buddies where their favorite spots to catch the sunset in your city are. Google for new ideas. Look at a map to see if there are any interesting spots like a marina, publicly accessible tall building, lake or even open field to catch a sunset. This weekend, go on the hunt for a sunset spot that can be your secret to seizing the end of the day, any day.
Tips for maximizing sunset awesomeness:
- Google the exact time of the sunset in your area on a particular day, and show up in your spot 30 minutes to an hour earlier than the sunset time to settle in for the show
- Bring a blanket or comfy seat if there won't be any
- Consider a drink or snack to nibble on
- In case you didn't know, sunsets are incredibly romantic and perfect to take someone special to
- Occasionally spend a sunset just enjoying it — not photographing it!
Follow along with all of our Get Out & Explore! ideas:
Do you have a super special secret sunset spot in your city you'd like to give up in the comments below?
Visit the Guide to the Perfect Summer main page for links to all of the posts published so far or sign up to have them delivered directly to you each weekend.
(Image credits: Adrienne Breaux; Janel Laban)