Still looking for ways you can break through your comfort zone, take more design risks and ultimately end up with a bold home bursting with personality and pride? You might find some inspiration from the sage advice dispensed in popular house tours this week.
Get out of your comfort zone
"Don’t be afraid to take a little risk when it comes to design. Get out of your comfort zone. Every time I have done so, I am pleased with the result! Also, find a friend to decorate with. It’s helpful to have a second opinion and it makes the process a lot more fun!"
Let your home evolve
"Let your home evolve. Be intentional with each purchase, and know that it doesn’t all have to come together in one day (or week, or year!) There is no right or wrong when it comes to details. If it speaks to you or has sentimental meaning, there’s a way for it to fit in. Also — do not underestimate the importance of flowers and plants!"
— From Micah's Stellar Studio
"Follow your heart and do what you believe in, and others will believe in you too."
Practical color advice
"Test paint colors before you commit! And if you end up not liking it, FIX IT. You will look at those walls every day for years. Get it right. Color can bring such joy."
"When looking for an apartment in London, search hard and act quick. It has the power to change your life!"
Find more great advice to steal for your home in all of our excellent tours:
- Take Your Time: Advice for Creating a Comfy Space That Feels Like Home
- Keep It Simple, Be Patient: Advice For Creating a Warm & Livable Home
- Don't Rush & Don't Settle: Advice on Finding What You Love
- Explore Possibilities! Advice on Taking Risks With Your Home's Design
- Don't Worry About Others: Advice on Creating a Home That Works For You
- Advice for Creating a Home That Reflects Your Personality
- Start With Good Lighting and More Advice On Filling a Home