As many folks begin the process of sprouting their fall veggies around this time of year, we too are thinking about all the potential new plants who might need homes come early fall. If you've been wanting to finally start or expand that fall garden this year, you might need a few planters, and we've got a roundup of the most weird and wonderful yet.
We've always got our eyes open for things we can reuse into planters. Not only are we cheapskates, but we also love creating a unique and one-of-a-kind garden for our outdoor space. While we make no promises on how effective any of these ideas below would be (someone more expert than us will have to guide you on whether or not a plant would enjoy being planted in say, a book), we do think these DIY planter ideas from around the web would certainly be fun to play around with!
1) Vintage refrigerator drawer planter
2) Old books
3) Tea cups (though let's be honest, this might be a bit small for veggies)
4) DIY hanging jars (for those who don't have a lot of ground space)
5) Old glass ceiling fan globes
6) A seashell (via Curbly)
7) Painted can planters
8) Old wine barrels (via Design Squish)
9) Muffin tins
10) Metal toolboxes (via Nest in Style)
(Images: As credited above)