Spring is in the air, and that means it's time to cook some delicious meats (or veggies!) over an open flame. Here's a roundup of everything you need to become a grilling master and make delicious meals outdoors all summer long.
1. This is the time-tested classic: Weber's charcoal grill, whose distinctive shape helps ensure that your food gets plenty of that delicious smoke flavor. This model has the ash-catching basket on the bottom, which makes cleaning much easier. Available from Amazon for $149.
2. If you don't have a ton of space on your patio, or need a grill that can travel, try the Weber Smokey Joe. This one has a carrying handle and quite a generous cooking area (18.5" in diameter), and is available from Amazon for $59.99.
3. Grilling is a great way to get a pizza crust to just the right level of crispiness. This Kettlepizza attachment will turn your charcoal grill into a pizza oven, and is available from Amazon for $127.99.
4. Take your backyard pizza to the next level with the Kettlepizza pizza stone, which is specially designed to fit on 22.5" grills. Available from Amazon for $132.13.
5. Natural hardwood charcoal burns hotter than traditional charcoal briquettes, and will give your food more of that delicious smoky flavor. This lump charcoal, by Fogo, has been called 'the Rolls Royce of charcoal'. You can get a 35-pound bag from Amazon for $44.07.
6. The only downside of hardwood lump charcoal is that it's next to impossible to light with lighter fluid, but this won't be a problem at all when you have a chimney starter (plus your food won't taste like lighter fluid). They're super easy to use — just pile charcoal on top, add some crumpled up newspaper to the bottom, and light the newspaper and wait for the flames to be drawn up the chimney. Weber Rapidfire Chimney Starter, $14.99 from Amazon.
8. A grill brush is a must — and this one actually looks good, too. From World Goods Market on Amazon for $14.99.
9. Invest in a set of stainless steel skewers and you won't have to worry about them catching fire while you're cooking. From Elmenos on Amazon for $6.70.
10. This is the only grill cookbook you will ever want or need. Trust me. Weber's Way to Grill, from Amazon for $20.39.